The AGM of the Sandringham Baseball Club was held last night at the Tulip St club rooms.
It was a bitter sweet opening to the meeting, as 2015/16 Vice President, Tony Beaumont started with an update on President Greg Street’s condition. The news was largely positive, as Greg has now been moved to rehab, and the prognosis is good, but there is a long road ahead for him. Tony then read a message from Greg, indicating that he was standing down as President of the Sandringham Baseball Club. Tony thanked Greg for his incredible efforts at the helm of the club for the past 5 years, and was looking forward to welcoming Greg back in any capacity when he was ready.
The meeting then went to the more formal stages, with some of the key points being:
1) The current Senior Coaching Panel of Matthew Sheldon-Collins, David Mays, and Tim Ballard were reappointed for the 2016/17 season
2) Treasurer Julie Lane reported the club was in a sound financial position, with a reasonable surplus in the bank heading into next season.
3) The club resolved to change the reporting year from July 31 to June 30, to April 1 to March 31st, to better align with the actual operational period of the club, and allow the AGM to be held earlier in the year. The resolution was unanimously accepted
4) The club had an increase again this year in overall junior numbers, and 22 players had played in the 1s during the year, including a number of juniors. The club was actively recruiting for 2016/17 for new players, as well as starting to look at the import for the season.
5) The capital works program that has been in progress from last season was continuing, with a roof for the batting cage, and lighting for the bullpen anticipated to be complete prior to the start of the season. Also, the council will be upgrading lighting of the main diamond with additional light towers, which was currently in plan to complete in December.
6) All committee positions were thrown open, and the club is proud to announce that Tony Beaumont was elected unopposed as President of the Club.
Graham Trad stepped down as club secretary due to increasing work commitments. Andrew Flynn was elected as secretary of the club.
Julie Lane was relected to the position of Treasurer of the club.
Michael Socic, Graham Trad and Gary Seignor were re-elected to General Committee positions of the club.
In addition, the Club is very proud to announce 4 new committee members for the 2016/17 season.
– Ralph Watson
– Darren Wilcox
– John Sinclair
– Steve Smith
The club congratulated their appointment to committee!
Tony Beaumont indicated the club was looking to setup sub-committees to look at the areas of Juniors, Sponsorship, and Social Activities, the structure of which would be announced shortly.
The meeting closed with Tony Beaumont thanking all who had attended, and the support the committee had received. He re-iterated that the club was in a good place, and we should all be proud of the club we have today.
A copy of the annual report was available on the night, and a softcopy will be put on the website shortly.
Thanks again to all who attended, and we look forward to a successful 2016/17 season!
Sign up to Team App today to get all of the clubs latest news, fixtures, results, team selections and more right to your mobile device